Support Deborah Hobson for Streatham!
Wouldn't be great to have a strong, socialist, Corbyn supporting candidate to take on the current MP in Streatham, someone who was a clear break the politics Chuka Ummuna?
Well, look no further. Deborah Hobson is that person. She is LRC vice-chair and has been a consistent voice for socialism in the party.
Deborah will be a listening local representative. She will:
- be vocal on national issues that affect Streatham. This includes supporting Jeremy Corbyn on Brexit.
- advocate the free movement of people.
- back direct action to avert the impending climate change apocalypse.
- support an Alexandra Ocasio Cortez-type Green New Deal.
- champion equal opportunities for all.
- pioneer a multi-agency public health response to knife crime.
- have a staffed local office with a full-time case worker.
- will work constructively with councillors.
- hold regular surgeries.
- be accountable to Streatham CLP and its policies.
- be dedicated to improving the lives of Streatham constituents.
fully support the popular progressive Labour Party manifesto.
Deborah believes that preparations for fighting a general election in Streatham should start now.
If you're a member of Streatham CLP, make sure you give her your support.#Deborah4Streatham
I am delighted to be able to tell you that last night at a well attended Streatham Labour Left meeting I topped the poll to be the Labour candidate for Streatham constituency. I aim to be the Parliamentary Prospective Candidate, and put forward a Jeremy Corbyn supporting political statement that of course mentioned the LRC. On Sunday the Left will make their final decision on which candidate to support going forward.
We face a strong challenge from the Right in Florence Eshalomi, a Lambeth Progress member of the GLA, who would be an anti-Corbyn, Chuka Umunna continuity MP. As an LRC Vice-Chair I'm seeking the public support of the executive. [We support her 100%.] Be assured that I will robustly back the Corbyn project and fight to get LRC policies implemented.